Think like a buyer
It’s a well-worn cliche, but first impressions can make or break your sale.
What would you think if the first thing you saw at a home you wanted to buy was overflowing rubbish bins, a broken flywire screen door or a front door that creaks when it opens?
Have a look at the list below to make sure your property looks the best it can.
- Rubbish removal
- Painting – fence, outside house
- Clean house – windows, carpets, blinds etc, remove odours (smoking, cooking etc), clean bathrooms, kitchen etc…
- Repairs – leaking taps, squeaking doors, warped doors, insect screens, discolouration of sinks, loose door knobs, broken window panes
- Remove excess furniture to open up your place
- Keep stairways and hallways clear of clutter
- Turn all lights on and open windows to let light in – no one likes a dark home.
- Smell. Make sure the place smells like roses.
- Your property can be professionally photographed if you select the buyMyplace Professional or Premium packages. Top photography may add to your home’s market appeal.
- When you list with buyMyplace, consider our preferred suppliers to help get your place looking its best.
- Check out the advice in the buyMyplace buyers section to understand what a buyer looks for when inspecting your property.
Next Step: Working with agents